Hello Foothills Landowners-
Happy Friday! I’m writing with a weekly update on the Foothills Reaches restoration projects.
Progress this past week:
This past week the Iron Woman-Flywater-WRV team continued work at Ranch and Streamcrest.
· Began to make adjustments to Ron Sutherlands fence.
· Prepared to export stockpiles.
· Staging and preparations for volunteer event this weekend.
· Additional willow and wetland plug installation.
· Check out this time lapse teaser video of progress made at Ranch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sieRXt12V4E
· Mass excavation work continues
· Export of stockpiles daily
· Sorting and stockpiling of boulders and rip rap for future use.
· Potholing for utilities (Xcel, Left Hand Water, Fiber Optic power).
· Began cutting Streamcrest overflow channels.
· Utility relocation work continues.
· Started installation of log structures above Haldi intake.
Upper Left Hand:
· We submitted our Boulder County permit application this week.
What to expect in the next two weeks:
· Finish revegetation (volunteer event tomorrow!).
· Finish installing breakaway cattle fence.
· Hauling stockpiles of material off site.
· Final repairs to access roads.
· Remove signage and demobilize all materials and equipment from staging area.
· Mass excavation and exporting material will continue.
· Construct overflow channels.
· Utility coordination and installation.
· Import or site processing of materials to support installation of features.
· Boulder/Cobble toe installation.
· Finish work above Haldi ditch with wood structure, habitat rock, micro grading.
· Begin preparations for revegetation phase above Haldi.
Upper Left Hand:
· Develop updated construction schedule.
Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities:
Details for the event can be found here:
Earth Day event, TOMORROW April 22nd at Ranch project site:
As always, please let us know if you have any questions!
Have a nice weekend.