Adaptive Management Guide
This guide introduces the concept of adaptive management and describes how Lefthand Watershed Oversight Group developed an adaptive management plan for watershed resilience in Left Hand Creek Watershed.
Stream Stewardship & Recovery Handbook
Do you have problems with weeds, erosion, or other issues on your creekside property? This user-friendly handbook serves as a resource for you to learn about your streamside property, including appropriate stewardship solutions to address weeds, erosion, or other issues; information about how your property matters to the watershed, environment, and others living along the creek; and how-to guides for implementing stewardship projects. Contact us to learn more!
Outreach and Educational Resources
- Re-Vegetation Matrix Database (Access)
- City of Longmont’s Restoration efforts in Left Hand
- Mining History of Jamestown District
- History of Ward
- River Watch
- Captain Jack Mill Superfund Site
- Colorado Watershed Assembly
- Maintenance & Monitoring Landowner Handout
- 2017 CU Boulder Left Hand Creek Field Project Report
- Lefthand Creek Master Plan (PDF)
- Master Plan Map Book (PDF)
- Boulder County’s Creek Recovery & Restoration Program
- Stream Mechanics’ Large Woody Debris Assessment Manual
- Resilient Crossing’s Handbook
- Boulder County Floodplain Remapping Project and Maps
Interested in Left Hand Creek flows?
- USGS Stream Gage at Hover Rd
- DWR Stream Gage above the Haldi Intake
- Flow Gages operated on James Creek and Left Hand Creek
- James Creek and Left Hand Creek Rain Data
Interested in Left Hand watershed snow accumulation?
- February 1, 2019 Left Hand headwaters:
27 inches (5.9 inches water equivalent)